Notice: Undefined variable: errorMessages in /home/dentalevidence/public_html/views/page.htm on line 8
Welcome to the Centre for Evidence-Based Dentistry at the University of Umm Alqura, Makkah, Saudi Arabia.
The Centre was established by the Dean of the College Dr. Mohammad Beyari in 2013 in collaboration with a team of international researchers with expertise in Evidence-Based Dentistry from McMaster University Canada, headed by Mohit Bhandari, the director of the Global Research Solutions and Professor and Chairman of Orthopaedics, Division of Surgery.
The Centre was launched by his Excellency the Minister of High Education in September 2013, with the aim of promoting evidence-based health care through workshops and lectures and to help dentists to integrate clinically relevant scientific evidence at the point of care. The Centre facilitates access to the best available scientific information related to oral health care, and develops evidence-based resources for use in clinical practice.
The Centre has the following Vision and Mission Statement:
To Lead in the Promotion of Oral Health by Disseminating the Best Available Scientific Information and Helping
Practitioners Implement it into Clinical Practice.
The Centre is to promote the teaching, learning, practice and evaluation of Evidence-based Dentistry and assists practitioners and improves the oral health of the public by:
- Fostering a spirit of enquiry within the dental team
- Encouraging and enable the dental profession to make clinical decisions based on the best available evidence
- Assisting the dental team to find valid and up to date evidence on which to base treatment decisions
- Encouraging the development of Evidence-based professional and clinical standards and an Evidence-based approach to clinical audit
- Facilitating Evidence-based continuing professional development (CPD) involving the whole dental team
- Improving the public profile of the dental profession by moving towards Evidence-based practice
- Assisting in the production of clear Evidence-based patient information on dental treatments and procedures